Responsible for ELIC’s Human Resources (HR) functions to include: employment, personnel files and correspondence, and leadership/staff training and development for North American Staff. The Human Resources Administrator also collaborates with the Senior Director of GSS and other leadership in the development of HR policies & procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with employment laws including compensation and benefit structures through process review, continuing education, and use of outside HR vendor partners
- Oversees documentation and implementation of paid leave programs and unemployment benefits
- Assists with hiring and recruitment of North American employees including various forms of advertising and recruitment methods, the application process, evaluating new hire compensation, job description approval, and the PAF process
- Coordinates exit or re-entry interview process and maintains personnel recordsCoordinates and provides assistance for staff meetings, lunch and learns, and US staff trainings
- Analyzes and develops methods to improve employment policies, processes, practices and recommend changes as needed
- Assists in the evaluation, classification, and rating of occupations and job positions
- Initiates the new employee onboarding process in collaboration with the hiring supervisor for all U.S. staff positions and collects required employment paperwork
- Initiates and follows through with the employee offboarding process to include: exit interviews, outplacement resources, etc.
- Cross-trains on payroll process and reporting and assists/executes as needed
- Updates and maintains the Employee Handbook for U.S. staff
- Coordinates employee appraisal process and retention plan
- Assists in creating, updating, and revising human resources forms and documents as requested by supervisor
- Works with State, Federal, and Canada Customs and Revenue agencies to secure tax identification numbers and labor law information
- Assists with annual payroll requirements, including W-2 and T-4 processing
- Assists with annual retirement audit process
- Actively works to advance the work of the gospel in people’s lives through day to day working relationships with all staff and partners
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Minimum of a BA in a related field
- Self-motivated, and able to prioritize and carry out tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills
- Has a working knowledge of Excel and Google Apps
- Types at least 50 wpm
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word
- Capable of representing ELIC in a professional capacity
- Committed to the purpose, vision, and mission of ELIC
- Committed Christian
- Experience working with outside service providers
- Experience with international travel and concerns
- At least 2 years of experience in HR
This is a full-time, non-exempt position located in our Fort Collins office.
All US domestic, full-time employees will receive optional medical insurance, health savings contribution, dental insurance, vision insurance, life AD&D insurance, long-term disability, retirement plan, and health club membership. All full-time, non-exempt employees will receive paid sick and personal time in addition to vacation and holiday time. ELIC does comply with FMLA and HFWA allowing employees applicable time off for qualifying events.
Some benefits are optional and may require employee action for ELIC to match, contribute, or enroll employees in the benefit. Some benefits must be accepted as a package. ELIC reserves the right to modify or adapt benefits during employment.
Back to List