The Candidate Advisor (CA) is a member of the Candidate Care Team (CCT). This group of people is responsible for wooing and retaining quality candidates for long-term service overseas by clearly discerning and assessing calls, encouraging movement through the application process, while effectively documenting correspondence and progress. Additionally, they are responsible for: coaching, equipping, and mobilizing committed candidates towards service with ELIC. This is a customer service position requiring aptitude for a “sales” and coaching skill-set.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sells vision and sets expectations in regards to, teaching overseas, serving on a team and cultural awareness
- Actively assesses, processes and moves qualified candidates from initial interest to commitment according to established CCT benchmarks through individualized messaging and communication
- Strategically manages a high volume of candidates in various stages of preparation, prioritizing correspondence along with competing logistical and administrative tasks
- Corresponds regularly with Country Directors, overseas based personnel and multiple departments towards mobilization of long-term candidates
- Coaches and encourages committed candidates in field preparation as it relates to support-raising, professional development, and personal growth
- Creatively contributes to candidate resources, messaging, and training while collaborating with the CCT and greater Mobilization department
- As an active member of the CCT, individual duties may evolve based on skills available to benefit the entire team
- Potential travel, as needed, to assist the Recruiting Team with lead generation
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Overseas experience
- Highly-motivated, adaptable, team-oriented with the ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to enthusiastically cast vision of the company and work in a high-paced environment
- Assertiveness to pursue and follow-through selling our vision and processing of each candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented; ability to manage a variety of documentation processes to provide individualized and accurate record keeping
- Willingness to interact by phone for multiple hours a day, including interviewing each viable candidate for up to 2 or more hours
- Able to type at least 40 wpm
- Able to work in MS Office programs, Apple programs, Google docs; knowledge of other communicative campaign resources is a plus
- Capable of representing ELIC in a professional capacity
- Committed to the purpose, vision, and mission of ELIC
- Committed Christian
- Preference given for Administrative, Communications, Counseling, Intercultural Studies/Ministry backgrounds or a related field
- Prior Experience with ELIC
Compensation: $19 – $23/hr
This is a full-time exempt position located in our Fort Collins office.
Benefits information: All US domestic, full-time employees will receive optional medical insurance, health savings contribution, dental insurance, vision insurance, life AD&D insurance, long-term disability, retirement plan, and health club membership. All full-time, exempt employees will receive wage continuation which includes maternity leave, paternity leave, bereavement leave, and sick time in addition to vacation and holiday time. ELIC does comply with FMLA and HFWA allowing employees applicable time off for qualifying events.
Some benefits are optional and may require employee action for ELIC to match, contribute, or enroll employees in the benefit. Some benefits must be accepted as a package. ELIC reserves the right to modify or adapt benefits during employment.
Back to List