As a part time, online teacher, tutor, and/or content developer, you will advance the vision of Pinnacle Academy by providing high-quality online instruction or accompanying services including, but not limited to, classroom teaching, tutoring, group tutoring, teacher training/coaching, cohort facilitation, content development, or other language-related work.
Reports to: Teaching Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with assigned/matched clients to provide individual and group tutoring.
- Teaches or tutors online.
- Facilitates breakout discussions in large group sessions.
- Provides feedback to PA supervisors.
- Participates in professional development activities from time to time and according to mutually agreed upon discussion with PA supervisors.
- Performs other mutually agreed upon duties as assigned by the Program & Development Manager and Teaching Coordinator.
- Promptly logs notes and progress related to courses and students.
- Participates in content development as assigned by the supervisor.
- Thoroughly plans (and submits) each lesson and works according to a curriculum, textbook, or other structured outline.
- Teachers will be allotted hours based on the needs of the clients. Additional hours may be allowed per supervisor approval not to exceed 20 hours within a given week.
- Supervisory Relationships: Not Applicable
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- TESOL/TEFL Certificate.
- Prior teaching and/or tutoring experience.
- Highly-motivated, organized, and responsible; willing to learn – and enthusiasm for – online delivery tools and innovative ways of using the internet as a classroom and teaching mechanism.
- English level at IELTS Band 8 or the equivalent.
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively both on and in videos, via one-on-one or in group or classroom settings with proper spelling, grammar, verbiage, and with sufficient tools to deliver a message.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and customer service skills. Ability to maintain accurate records and files as needed.
- Familiar with IELTS, TOEFL, and/or similar English placement tests.
- Must be available for early morning and/or evening assignments to accommodate non-North American time zones.
- Able to work well with a team and comfortable speaking in front of groups and engaging with new people.
- Capable of representing ELIC, Pinnacle Teaching, or Pinnacle Academy in a professional capacity.
- Fully committed to ELIC’s Community Covenant, Statement of Faith, and the company purpose, vision, and mission (PVM).
- Committed Christian
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in the following areas is helpful, but not required: Google Suite, Zoom meeting facilitation
Benefits & Pay: This is a part-time position with no benefits or paid vacation. A small amount of personal time will be accrued (.033332 Sick/Personal hours per every hour worked). The maximum number of hours an employee can work per week is 20 hours; hours will be set by the Teaching Coordinator based on the project(s) with which an employee is involved. The pay can range from $16 to $35 an hour, with pay level being determined by the category of assignment.
ELIC reserves the right to screen based on location.
Back to List