Early July - Early August
Cost coming soon
Various cities throughout China are available
This program is comprised of two separate day camps that you will be responsible for teaching. These 10-day camps allow you the opportunity to teach conversational English and have fun with your own class of 20 teenagers. Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! This classroom time is meant to be fun, dynamic, and interactive. No lectures. No tests.
Afternoons provide the opportunity for teachers and students to get to know one another more by playing high-energy cultural games.
Evenings are spent primarily with your team. Not only will you need time to plan for the next day, but you’ll also enjoy a time of intentional community, fellowship, and reflection. Some evenings, your team will be invited by your students to hang out off campus. This means exploring the city, experiencing local markets, and investing time in the relationships you’re forming.
Costs are confirmed for all participants in the fall. Orientation takes place early summer in Beijing, prior to teaching in the classroom. Typical return date is early to mid-August.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!