Late May - Early August
Serving in Phnom Penh + another country that you choose
The Engage Intern program is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to live and learn in more than one country over the summer.
Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! Teachers will start their summer in Cambodia and will live and work in the vibrant city of Phnom Penh, the capitol. You'll have the opportunity to walk alongside long-term ELIC instructors as they teach university-level English classes in some of the top schools in Cambodia. You’ll see firsthand what living and serving as a long-term teacher looks like as you observe and participate in the classroom.
You’ll also get the chance to deepen friendships with the Khmer students you meet as your team leads afternoon cultural events. After 4 weeks you will travel to another location to experience the Engage program in another country.
Arrive in Phnom Pehn in late May and depart for your second country near the end of June. Return date to the United States is conditional upon your second location of service. Costs for the internship program are usually around $6,500.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!