Engage Iraq is about teaching English and building relationships. You and your team will travel to Iraq where you will run an English language learning program for Yazidi children from 5 to 15 years old.
Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! You will be teaching English classes for several hours in the morning, followed by a variety of activities with your students in the afternoon. Evenings will consist of lesson prep, fellowship with your team, and taking advantage of other opportunities to get to know the people you will be serving. Weekends will consist of fellowship with your team, rest, lesson planning, getting to know the locals, and outings with your team.
Costs are confirmed for all participants in the fall. Orientation takes place early summer, prior to teaching in the classroom. Typical return date is early August.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!