Early July - Early August
Cost coming soon
Serving in a small city near Amman, Jordan
There are currently over 600,000 displaced Syrians living in Jordan.
This summer, we will partner with a local Jordanian organization that attempts to meet the physical and emotional needs of these refugees. Your team will run a camp program for primary school children. This camp will include English classes, high-energy activities, games, and crafts. You will be helping children and families who have lost everything.
Each day, you will be responsible to teach two different classes: a traditional English language class in the morning and a fun class of games, music, and activities in the afternoon.
Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! When you’re not teaching, you will help at the local organization's distribution center, visit students' families at refugee camps, spend time with your team, and explore some of Jordan’s stunning tourist attractions. Weekends will consist of rest, lesson planning, and a few team outings.
Costs are confirmed for all participants in the fall. Orientation takes place early summer and typical return date is early August.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!