Jordan is an amazingly welcoming country with an incredible history. There are over 600,000 displaced Syrians currently living in Jordan. We have the opportunity to partner with a local Jordanian organization to teach English to Jordanian and displaced Syrian children between the ages of 6 and 16 years. We believe that providing education to these children is a way to invest in their future.
Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! Class time will include teaching English, crafts, games, and recess outside. When you’re not teaching, you will be lesson planning, spending time with your team, and exploring some of Jordan’s stunning tourist attractions!
The dates for this program are: June 22–July 24, 2018.
The cost for this program is $3,800*.
*Does not include international airfare.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And more!