Early July - Early August
Cost coming soon
Serving in a small city near Beruit, Lebanon
In Lebanon you will partner with a local organization that provides basic care and education to over 300 Syrian children. You will join the impact this organization is already making by teaching English to Syrian refugee adults or children.
Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! Your team will be teaching for two three-hour shifts. In the morning and afternoon you will teach children, and in the evening your classes will consist of adults.
At your orientation, you will learn a curriculum specifically designed to help teach refugees. During your time off, you may rest, prepare upcoming lessons, meet with your team, help out with food and supply distribution at the center, or visit families in the refugee camp. Weekends will consist of tourist activities with your team, resting, visiting your students and their families, and fellowship.
Costs are confirmed for all participants in the fall. Orientation takes place early summer and typical return date is early August.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!