This summer, you will be teaching in Fez, the oldest city in Morocco. During the week, you will be teaching conversational English to Moroccan children that attend a trilingual school led by American believers. The students may range in age from kindergarten age to high school seniors. When you are not in the classroom, you will have the opportunity to explore the ruins of the city, nearby cultural sites, and build relationships with your teammates, students, and their hospitable families.
The dates for this program are: June 22–July 24, 2018.
This summer, you will be responsible for raising $4,250 to cover program costs. This includes all food, housing, sightseeing opportunities, medical and evacuation coverage, orientation, training, debriefing, visa and document processing, donor receipting, curriculum, and contracts with your schools or teaching locations. In addition to program costs, you will also be responsible for raising the cost of your international travel. We expect this to be around $1,380. This makes the total you are being asked to raise equal $5,630. Your profile does not cover your domestic travel or any souvenirs or other items you choose to purchase. ELIC does not profit in any way from your program cost.
*Does not include international airfare.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And more!