Late June - Early August
$4,500 - $4,800
Teach in a rural setting in either Vientiane Province or Xieng Khouang Province
In Laos, you and your team will be teaching at a provincial Teacher Training College in Vientiane Province or in Xieng Khouang Province. The students are all in-service secondary school teachers coming from the poorest and most remote districts within the province.
The goal of the TTP program in Laos is twofold: first, to provide a refresher in English, and secondly, to illustrate methodology proven to make successful and effective teaching environments despite difficult conditions and lack of resources.
You will enjoy learning about local culture through the cross-cultural components of the curriculum. During your free time, you will be able to explore the city, talk with locals, and experience the local culture.
Costs are confirmed for all participants in the fall. Orientation takes place early summer in Vientiane, prior to teaching in the classroom. Typical return date is early August.
- A bachelor's degree preferred.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!