The Engage program is about teaching English and building relationships.
Throughout the program, you'll spend your days teaching conversational English and impacting your own class of 20 teenagers. Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! This classroom time is meant to be fun, dynamic, and interactive. No lectures. No tests.
Afternoons provide the opportunity for teachers and students to get to know one another more by playing high-energy cultural games.
Evenings are spent primarily with your team. Not only will you need time to plan for the next day, but you’ll also enjoy a time of intentional community, fellowship, and reflection. Some evenings, your team will be invited by your students to hang out off campus. This means exploring the unique parts of the city, experiencing local markets, and investing time in the relationships you’re forming.
Costs are confirmed for all participants in the fall. Orientation takes place during the first week of the program prior to teaching in the classroom.
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Native-like English fluency.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- International travel
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And much, much more!