You and your team will teach in one of the many large cities of this constantly growing country. You’ll fall in love with a beautiful, kind, caring people living at the crossroads of old and new Asia. In the mornings, you will teach conversational English to your own class of 20 students. Engage is designed for all majors, so even if you have no experience in the classroom, we will prepare you! This classroom time is meant to be fun, dynamic, and interactive. You will have time to eat lunch with your students and hear about their lives, and share yours. In the afternoon, you and your teammates will come together to conduct several hours of high-energy games and cultural presentations for all your students combined.
Evenings are spent primarily with your team. Not only will you need time to plan for the next day, but you’ll also enjoy a time of intentional community, fellowship, and reflection. You will also have the opportunity to explore the city, experience local markets, and invest time in the relationships you are forming with your students.
July 6–August 10
- Some college required.
- Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate program.
- All majors acceptable.
- Proficient in speaking English.
- Enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- Food and housing
- Sightseeing opportunities
- Medical and evacuation coverage
- Orientation, training, and debriefing
- Visa and document processing
- Support development materials
- Donor receipting
- Teaching curriculum
- Screening and team placement
- Contracts with individual host schools
- And more!