Our teachers in Lebanon live and work among the thousands of displaced Syrian and Iraqi refugees who have fled their war-torn countries in search of safety and a stable life. Education is a vital necessity for these refugee children. As one of our partners in the area has told us, "If we don't put a book in their hands, ISIS will put a gun."
You will have opportunities to build friendships with your students, their parents, other colleagues, and your neighbors. You will work alongside a team who will provide a place of support and comfort while living in Lebanon.
July and January orientations are available for you to start teaching in either the fall or spring semester. Costs are customized based on your individual needs and family situation.
- Proficient in speaking English.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in any field.
- An enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- A desire to grow personally and professionally.
- A passion to serve on a team.
- A readiness/willingness to raise financial support.
- International and domestic flights
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement options
- Monthly stipend for food and personal expenses
- Teacher training and graduate TESOL certificate
- Ongoing professional development
- Midyear conference in Thailand
- And much more