Our staff in Tunisia spend their time learning Tunisian Arabic, discovering the local culture, and teaching a variety of students. From professionals at language centers to students at private and public universities, our teachers educate and interact with students from all over the continent of Africa — and the world. You’ll encounter local Tunisians, as well as internationals from Libya, Algeria, Yemen, Senegal, Ghana, and other Sub-Saharan and Middle Eastern countries, who come to Tunisia to study.
Being a part of this pioneering team in Tunisia affords you the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have an impact on future plans for the program. As you grow individually in your professional and personal life, you’ll also have the support of a team of ELIC teachers who are already at work in the country. It’s truly the best of both worlds for community-centered self-starters: you’ll enjoy spending time together within your team, but you’ll also have the freedom to make your own mark in the classroom and develop relationships with your neighbors.
In Tunisia, you'll be situated between the Sahara Desert and the Mediterranean Sea, a unique and beautiful part of the world. This program offers opportunities both in and outside of the capital city, Tunis. Invest in your neighbors, colleagues, and students while getting to know the amazing culture and people of Tunisia.
July and January orientations are available for you to start teaching in either the fall or spring semester. Costs are customized based on your individual needs and family situation.
- Proficient in speaking English.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in any field.
- An enthusiasm to share your hope and life.
- A desire to grow personally and professionally.
- A passion to serve on a team.
- A readiness/willingness to raise financial support.
- International and domestic flights
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement options
- Monthly stipend for food and personal expenses
- Teacher training and graduate TESOL certificate
- Ongoing professional development
- Midyear conference in Thailand
- And much more